Yesterday, Tuesday 21st 1012 (in Europe) was the new moon, marked as a very auspicious night, the great night of Shiva… MahaShivaratri
A friend of mine recommended me to do things really slowly and take the time…Well I did not have to rush for anything, my husband was sick and stuck at home. The busy bee enjoyed spending the whole day at home… Getting out of my daily routine felt like getting out of time…loved it!
I dedicated my morning practice to Devo Maheshvara, one of the names for Shiva … the Destroyer…. remembering all the challenges we have been through the last year, and the transformations that they carried with them…. Great teachings from Guru Devo Maheshvara. Om namah Shivaya!
The playlist below was the soundtrack of the class:
- Guru Brahma – Love Songs to the Dark Lord / Bhagavan Das
- Maheshvara Sutras – ‘In All Beings’ Sarva-Bhuteshu / Manorama, KV Mahabala
- Om Nama Shivaya (Thy will be done) – Remixes / Donna De Lory
- Om Namah Shivaya – The yoga sessions / Masood Ali Khan
- Shiva-Loka – Journey in Satchidananda / Alice Coltrane
- Shiva Station (Namah Shivaya) – Shiva Station / Uttal & The Pagan Love Orchestra
- Shiva Shambo – Now / Bhagavan Das
- Rudrashtakam (Shiva Stuti) – Door of Faith / Krishna Das
- Om Namah Shivaya (feat. Bhagavan Das) – Elephant Power / MC Yogi
- Pashupati – Sharanam / Sharon Gannon
And Pashupati was definitely the Song of the Day…
OM Namah Shivaya!
PS: you might be interested with last year’s article in french